Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cross Roads

Making changes is not an easy thing to do. Stepping away from what is familiar and “safe” takes strength and courage.  The road to self- improvement is a bumpy one.  On that path we began to uncover things about ourselves we may not like, or we may come across a fork in the road and may not know which way to go. Sometimes it doesn’t matter which way you go, as long as you go.
A few weeks ago, I came to a bump in my road, during a night out. The music thumping and I was sitting down skimming the room. I began to ask myself why was I sitting down and not dancing. Then I said to myself, “Who are you, and what have you done with the real Genee?”  “What happened to the girl who knew she was beautiful was ready to take on the world and feared nothing?”  At the moment I realized I had lost a part of myself during this period of weight gain. I had to make a choice to reclaim ME. Going to the gym and eating right are not the only things I had to start doing. The last time I talked about loving myself and it was challenge. But the real challenge is learning to be strong and fearless.
So getting into my skinny jeans for me is more than physical transformation. I challenge you to ask yourself what is your REAL skinny jeans?

No comments:

Post a Comment